Friday, October 12, 2012

Long Time, No Blog!

I haven't blogged in a long time.  In about four months, actually.  There are many reasons for this.  Here we go:

1)  I got really huge, miserably pregnant and totally lost interest in anything other than getting the baby out of my body.  I was so large and uncomfortable that I basically quit doing anything that involved movement of any kind.  How, you ask, does blogging involve movement?  Well, it doesn't, but I couldn't hold the laptop in my lap because I had no lap, and sitting at the table was just uncomfortable, especially since I couldn't scoot up very close due to the largeness of the belly.  It was a bad time, guys.

2)  I had a baby.  I really huge baby.  A ten pound baby.  Naturally.  With no medicine.  Why, you ask, did you do that?  Because at the time I thought it would be cool.  Because I did it when I birthed my daughter.  But she didn't weigh ten pounds.  Because I thought it would make me feel like super-woman.  Because when I went in to be induced (he was 9 days overdue) I didn't know that my baby was turned sideways and they would have to manually turn him inside the womb.  >>WARNING TO PREGNANT WOMEN.  DO NOT EVER, EVER, ALLOW A BABY TO BE MANUALLY TURNED WHILE IN THE WOMB.  IT IS A HORRIBLE AND INCREDIBLY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE.  IF A DOCTOR WANTS TO DO IT, PLEASE CALL ME FOR A SECOND OPINION.  THANK YOU.<<  Because I didn't know that it would be a really long, really painful labor and that I would have to push for two hours to get him out and I really didn't think I was going to be able to do it.  Please do not ask me if I am having more children.  I am still trying to recover emotionally from birthing this one.  Although he is pretty darn cute:


Meet Benaiah Philip Netherton, born July 5th.  He laughed for the first time today.  Patience was bouncing all over the bed, showing off for him and he got really tickled at her.  Brought tears to my eyes.  But then again, everything brings tears to my eyes these days.  The other day I made bread and Patience was standing on her little stool wearing her little apron helping me knead the dough.  She looked up at me with her big brown eyes, grinned and said, "Mommy, looook!  I hep you!"  I snatched up my own apron and cried into it.  Why, you ask?  I have no idea.

3)  My in-laws were here right after Benaiah was born, then we decided to remodel our bathroom so we went to stay with my parents for a few days, which turned into three weeks, then we went to Tucson to visit the Arizona relations, then one of Ben's friends came to stay with us for a couple of weeks, then I had a lot of catching up to do because I'd been pregnant and giving birth and away from home and it all just piled up and during all that time and ever since I've been deep in the throes of post-partum depression.  So there.  And yes, I am aware that that was a run-on sentence.

4)  I started reading other people's blogs and got really depressed because I decided that mine kind of sucks.  But I like writing, its good for me, and I need to keep doing it.  Why, you ask, do you need to keep writing?  Because I am an emotional disaster and I need a creative outlet so I don't just bottle everything up inside and then explode.  That does happen from time to time.  We need to keep those times to a minimum for the sake of the children.  And Ben.  And me, because after I explode I experience feeling of self-loathing.  Its just better for everone if I write something now and then, okay?

Thank you for reading.  My baby is cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment